2014- / Cultural
Synagogue from Conegliano, Italy
This project was an overhaul of structure from the nineteenth century, the former German Catholic Institution built by the German architect Theodore Zendel. Today the building hosts the Italian community and functions both as a museum and a Synagogue in Jeruasalem. Due to conservation requirements, the scope of work is mostly internal: organizing circulation, re-opening the main building's entrance, upgrading historical Synagogue brought from Conegliano, designing the new exhibition spaces for the use of the Italian Jews museum and working all the spaces into one coherent building.
Gross floor area: 1200 m²
Architecture & Interion design: Shilo Ben Aroya Architects
Commissioner: Italian community, Angelo Piatele
Executive Museum Director: Gilad Levian